It’s undeniable that mechanical keyboards are higher quality and last longer than typical membrane keyboards. The switches underneath the keys of mechanical keyboards are more durable and provide greater customization, which is why mechanical keyboards are such a crucial piece of gaming gear.
60% mechanical keyboards, as their name suggests, are keyboards that have approximately 60 keys. This is significantly less than their full-size counterparts, which usually have anywhere from 87 -104 keys. The numpad, arrows, scroll lock, and page up & down buttons are usually omitted.
However, the fact that they are more compact doesn’t mean that 60% keyboards are not just as powerful as regular mechanical keyboards; the only difference between them is the number of keys.
If you’re a gamer looking to free up space on your desk while still retaining all of the qualities of a mechanical keyboard, a 60% mechanical keyboard may be just what you need. For more keyboard suggestions, be sure to check out our picks for the best white gaming keyboards.
Best 60% Gaming Mechanical Keyboards
This keyboard is surely one of the most popular among gamers, and there’s a very concrete reason for that. Obinslab released Anne Pro II as a successor for their acclaimed keyboard Anne Pro, adding a few new technologies in order to improve their line of products.
Anne Pro II’s popularity is due to its high-quality in several different aspects, such as the quality of its internal components and its external built quality. The plastic surface is very solid and the matte finish adds an elegant look to this keyboard.
Another high-quality aspect of this keyboard is that the 61 keycaps are made of PBT, an excellent type of plastic material that does not become oily as you use your keyboard. On top of that, you can also change the entire keymap if you want. Anne Pro II also allows you to program up to 16 macro keys using the keyboard’s software.
As for lighting, the Anne Pro II features an excellent true RGB lighting system with up to 16 million different colors. A fun feature is that you can program a color for each and every key in this keyboard. Although it is not too bright, the lighting is still quite decent and adds a nice flare to your gaming gear.
Another cool feature of this keyboard is that it comes equipped with a Bluetooth 4.0 system that allows you to connect it to your computer without the need to have a USB dongle. Additionally, you can connect up to four devices and quickly switch between them.
– Battery: 1900mAh. According to users, this keyboard’s battery lasts up to 40 hours without the LED lighting on.
– Switches: this keyboard comes equipped with different types of switches; though most users of this keyboard prefer the Gateron Brown switches, as they reduce clicking sounds and make typing more comfortable.
- Switch type: Kailh BOX White
- Can be used wired over USB-C or wirelessly over Bluetooth 4.0
Royal Kludge is a brand that, although not as popular as other brands in the gaming industry, is known for producing high-quality products at relatively affordable prices. The RK61 is yet another proof of that.
The RK61 is known for its solid plastic build and you can opt for buying the ABS plastic version or the PBT version, which is of better quality than the former. This keyboard does feel slightly cheap, which should be no surprise, given that this keyboard is cheaper than other 60% mechanical keyboards.
However, don’t be scared by its external quality. This keyboard is known for its great performance and connectivity settings. You can connect up to 3 different devices simultaneously and you won’t be experiencing any significant delays that can spoil your gaming experience.
As for the lighting, the RGB lighting system features 18 different modes and you’re able to customize the colors either by pressing the designated keys or by using the company’s computer software.
- Battery: 750mAh. Around 10 hours playing with the LEDs on.
- Switches: Royal Kludge’s original blue, red, and brown switches. You can choose the switch at the moment of buying. RK’s switches are pretty consistent and many users have claimed that they don’t make as much noise as other low-budget switches.
- Multi-Device and Dual Connect Mode: RK61 mechanical keyboard can connect up to three...
- 61 keys: Tiny size ultra compact mechanical keyboard with 61 keys and it's good for Office...
Now, if your budget is not tight and you’re willing to spend as much as it takes to acquire a high-end mechanical keyboard, the Vortexgear Pok3r is the perfect 60% keyboard for you!
A distinguishing feature of this keyboard is that it has killer build quality; in this aspect, the Pok3r 60% mechanical keyboard has no room for criticism. High-end PBT keycaps and an aluminum case that makes it very resistant to impact, not to mention that it gives this keyboard a sturdy feel.
There are several different RGB lighting modes on this keyboard, and the best part is that you can switch between the preset lighting settings without needing to use any software. On top of that, the macro keys are 3-layered and each key is capable of 32 keystrokes.
As for battery, this keyboard does not have a battery because it is a wired keyboard. A mini USB cable comes in the package when you buy a Pok3r. There are several different types of switches that can be used with this keyboard: most Cherry MX switches work with it.
In a nutshell, this keyboard is perfect for you to improve your gaming experience. The quality of its overall build and performance is confirmed by the fact that professional esports players use the Vortexgear Pok3r.
- ✅Tiny size ultra compact mechanical keyboard with 61 keys , Without F Raw ( Functions...
- ✅Arbitrary programming : 3 layers customization , Built-up 3 kind of layout ( Qwerty,...
Unlike the other keyboards in this list, the Magicforce68 is slightly bigger, with more keys than the usual 60-61. Why it has more keys than the others? Because this keyboard has not excluded the arrow keys like most 60% keyboards have!
While other keyboards feature RGB lighting and backlight, the Magicforce68 has none of that, maintaining, instead, a very clean visual. On top of that, this keyboard only comes in white, which kind of gives off a nice retro vibe.
The Magicforce68 comes with OUTEMO switches, which are the equivalent to Cherry Mx brown switches, known for their good quality when it comes to gaming.
Although you can replace the keycaps, keep in mind that this keyboard needs a third-party software in order to reprogram your keys, unlike other keyboards, whose hardware can do this by themselves.
- The Mini design (60%) 68 Keys Cherry MX Brown Switch keyboard is here. It is Cherry MX...
- The keyboard features a floating-key design in profile. Fitted with clear legends, the ABS...
Another entry-level keyboard for those who cannot/will not spend too much on a keyboard is the DIERYA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. This keyboard is known for its solid build and great performance.
This keyboard features a dual mode connection, meaning that you can choose whether to connect it to your computer via mini USB cable or via Bluetooth. The wireless connection allows you to connect up to 3 Bluetooth devices simultaneously.
The RGB lighting system gives you 7 different color options, as well as different light effects such as reactive mode, wave mode, ripple mode, aurora mode, among others, which will certainly add a cool flare to your gear!
– Battery: 1900mAh. Customers have said that this keyboard’s battery can last up to 2 days. However, you can also use the keyboard plugged in to the computer using the mini USB cable.
– Switches: the DIERYA DK63 60% Mechanical Keyboard features OUTEMO brown switches, which are the equivalent to Cherry Mx brown switches — they are tactile and silent when typing/playing.
- MULTI-DEVICE WIRELESS BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD – DIERYA wireless Bluetooth keyboard supports...
- 1900 mAh BATTERY - DK63 battery has two times battery capacity more than most other 60%...
Ducky is known for making high-quality mechanical keyboards and this keyboard is no different. The Ducky One 2 is one of the most popular gaming keyboards in the market,used by professional esports players like Ninja and FaZe’s Funk.
Although it is one of the most expensive keyboards on our list, the Ducky One 2 is most definitely worth every penny. The build quality of this keyboard is pretty impressive: double-shot PBT keycaps, longer keycaps have Cherry Mx switcher stabilizer — which gives the keycaps a firmer feel — and its external build is made of solid plastic.
This keyboard is not wireless and it comes equipped with a detachable USB-C cable. The Ducky One 2 Mini is responsive and pretty consistent during your gaming experience. It doesn’t have arrow keys, but inside the packaging you’ll find four arrow keycaps, so you can easily add them to your keyboard layout.
The RGB backlighting has 10 different modes and its brightness is pretty good; you can use this keyboard in a well-lit room and you’ll still be able to see the RGB lighting. On top of that, you can fully customize your keyboard according to your preferences.
The switches used in the Ducky One 2 are Cherry MX switches, which are known for their quality and consistency. You can choose to buy the brown, red, or blue switches version, depending on what you are mainly looking for.
If you’re into compact and simple-designed keyboards, the KBP V60 is the one for you. Although its price is reasonably more expensive than other keyboards, this 60% mechanical keyboard is pretty consistent and will be worth your money.
This wired keyboard features a dual LED backlighting system that is pretty bright, making it quite useful when you are gaming or typing late in the night. On top of that, the keycaps are made of ABS plastic and you can fully customize the layout of your keyboard.
The KBP V60 features Cherry MX Clear switches, which are a stronger version of their popular MX brown switches. The Mx Clear switches are more silent and provide you a better and more comfortable gaming experience.
Motospeed is known for its entry-level products. This is a 60% mechanical gaming keyboard that is designed for people with low budgets who are seeking for an amazing gaming experience. This wireless keyboard can also be used while plugged in to a computer using a USB-C cable.
The true RGB lighting system allows you to choose a color among a 16+ million variety of colors, as well as providing you with 19 backlight effects that will make your keyboard look dope! On top of that, you can customize each key to have a different color, if you want.
The switches featured in this keyboard are the OUTEMU blue switches that are capable of 50 million keystrokes and offer precise tactile feedback while you’re playing games using your keyboard.
- 【MULTI-DEVICE & DUAL CONNECTIVITY MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD】Support USB wired/...
- 【PROLONGED BLUETOOTH USAGE】Built-in utilizes 1300mah battery which offers up to 10...
This 60% mechanical keyboard is certainly one of the best of this list due to two important aspects about it: price and performance. This compact keyboard is relatively cheap and has an incredible quality thanks to the Gateron switches it is equipped with.
The GK61 features a true RGB lighting system with over 16 million colors available and multiple backlight effects for you to choose. On top of that, you don’t need a software in order to switch the RGB settings.
This keyboard also comes equipped with Gateron optical switches in its ABS keycaps. This type of switch is pretty solid and consistent, but you can change them if you want. The GK61 is hot swappable, meaning that you can change the Gateron Optical switches for other optical switches.
The GK61 60% Mechanical Keyboard does not offer Bluetooth connection, coming equipped with a USB-C cable instead.
- ✅【RGB Backlit 】: 16.8 Million Color combinations , multiple backlit mode ( Aurora,...
- ✅【Gateron Optical Switches 】Gateron optical switches can be hotswapped at wish and...
Another high-quality, high-end keyboard is Cooler Master’s SK621. If you’re willing to spend more money on a product that is certainly worth it, this is the perfect 60% mechanical keyboard for you.
The SK621 is a 60% mechanical keyboard that manages to look luxurious and low-profile at the same time with its well-thought design. Its build material is aluminum and plastic, giving this keyboard a sturdy and durable look.
This compact keyboard features a true RGB lighting system with more than 16 million colors available in 18 different effects modes for you to choose using Cooler Master’s easy-to-use software. On top of that, the keycaps are slim and flat thanks to its low-profile switches.
The SK621 can be used through a wired connection to your computer or via Bluetooth 4.0, which also allows you to connect up to 3 devices simultaneously. You can use it on your phone, iPad, and PC at the same time, if you want.
– Battery: Cooler Master’s official website states that the SK621’s battery can handle up to 4 months running (without the lighting on) and 15 hours if you have the RGB lighting on. This keyboard charges even if you use it while it is plugged in to the computer.
– Switches: The SK621 features Cherry MX Low Profile switches, which give you all the precision and durability that you need as a gamer. Additionally, these low profile switches allow the keys to be more flat and slim.
- Two Keycap Sets: Slightly contoured and flat set, or go with the traditional keycap...
- Cherry MX Low Profile Switches: A reduced travel distance and actuation point with the...