Ready to take your League of Legends experience to the next level? Need a new keyboard after wearing your old one down from all the ladder climbing? Here are our picks for the best keyboards to play League of Legends on! This is backed by our countless hours of playing as well as research into what keyboards the top LoL pros use.
- OmniPoint Adjustable Switches allow for customization of actuation distance from 0.4 millimeter to 3.6 millimeter
- OLED Smart Display an integrated command center for adjusting settings and tracking on the fly info straight from your game,...
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy built for a lifetime of durability and stability
Starting off the list of best LoL keyboards is the SteelSeries Apex Pro, which is arguably the best and fastest overall keyboard. The SteelSeries Apex Pro has a beautiful aluminum build with gorgeous backlighting. The keys are as silent as a whisper and fully customizable.
The SteelSeries Apex Pro’s unique feature is its custom actuation settings, which means you can edit your keyboard keys when to respond while pressing the key. You can tune a key so it responds immediately once it’s lowered a fraction down, or you can tune a key to respond only when it is pushed all the way down.
This feature will help you tune your keys with your abilities. You have an ability you use to react, in which you can’t mistime? Tune the key in order to immediately respond once slightly pushed. Keep accidentally using your Zhonyas’s Hourglass or Ultimate? Tune those keys so they won’t respond until fully pressed down.
You can customize it however you want in order to suit your playstyle, which is what makes the Steelseries Apex Pro a great keyboard for League of Legends players. While expensive, you probably won’t ever need to buy a keyboard again after owning the Apex Pro.
- Pure performance QX2 linear mechanical gaming switches
- Durable 5000 Series aluminum alloy
- Real time Discord in game lighting notifications
The SteelSeries Apex M750 is an excellent budget mechanical keyboard that has all of the features you’d expect from a top tier League of Legends keyboard. If you’re not quite ready to shell out $200 for the SteelSeries Apex Pro, you can get the M750 for half the price.
If you can’t stand clicky keyboards, the Apex M750 should be right up your alley. This keyboard is one of the quietest mechanical keyboards on the market, which is perfect given how much you have to press buttons in League of Legends.
- Zero compromise mechanical switch for speed & accuracy: Razer orange switch technology provides tactile feedback with a...
- Tournament ready design: a keyless design with a detachable USB cable provides a portable form factor for on the go gamers
- Immersive, customizable Chroma RGB lighting: includes 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles on individually backlit...
Starting us off is the Razer Blackwidow Chroma. Razer is well-known for its keyboards. The Razer Blackwidow Chroma is a beautifully assembled mechanical keyboard with fully customizable multi-colored LED lights and backlights.
The Blackwidow Chroma is the most used by Esports League of Legends teams such as Team Liquid, Counter Logic Gaming, Unicorns of Love, SK Telecom T1, paiN Gaming, and a few more teams.
The customizable lighting and backlighting allows you to easily see your keys in the dark. You can even customize it so that only the keys you want will light up, indicating activatable items, potions, trinkets, wards, etc…
The only real down-side is the high price tag. Overall, the Razer Blackwidow Chroma is a great keyboard to carry your team due to its smooth buttons, fully customizable lighting and backlighting, and its satisfyingly easy keys.
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Keyboard Connectivity : Wired
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go,...
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control; 100percentage anti...
The Corsair K70 RGB is another contender for the best League of Legends keyboard. The aluminum surface on the keyboard gives it both a durable and refined texture lasting through your League career.
The Corsair K70 RGB’s keys are slightly elevated to give it a more aesthetic, smooth, and easy to press keys. Te keyboard also includes a volume wheel and a USB pass-through.
You also have the option to choose between five different Cherry switches, such as Red, Brown, Speed, Blues, and Silent. Each switch has a different style from noisy switches to smooth and silent switches. This gives you the option to modify your keyboard Cherry switches to fit your league playstyle.
There are lots of profiles uploaded through the internet for the keyboard specified for League of Legends which can enhance your gameplay experience and give your keyboard a nice color throughout the game.
As with most keyboards on this list, the downside is the incredibly high price-tag on this keyboard, which might turn off some people.
This keyboard is also used in the pro leagues by teams such as Team Dignitas and a few others.
- Tactile, high-speed keys: Quiet mechanical keys deliver gaming-grade responsiveness and superior tactile feedback without...
- Adjustable dual-zone backlighting: Adjust the brightness of WASD/arrow keys independently from the rest of the keyboard so...
- 6 programmable G-keys: Configure up to 18 unique functions per game, including single keypresses, complex macros or intricate...
The Logitech G710 is the second most-used keyboard for League of Legends Esport teams after the Razer Blackwidow Chroma. The Logitech G710 is quieter than most keys, it has a few useful keys that might be useful while playing, as well as recessed keys that protect the keys and ensure a durable keyboard.
The downside is the keyboard isn’t as customizable as others in this list, and it only has a single color for backlighting with only two backlighting zones. It also has a hefty price tag.
Still, there’s a good reason why this keyboard is used by top League of Legends teams such as Cloud9, Immortals, and Teamsolo Mid.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Membrane Keyboard in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service,...
- All-Around Gaming Performance: Able to execute up to ten commands at the same time with built-in key rollover anti-ghosting
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue,...
If you’re not sure you want to invest that much money into a keyboard but still want to keep up with the pros in League of Legends, the Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard is for you. At less than $50, it is one of the best affordable mechanical keyboards you can possibly find. It’s a great gateway into the world of mechanical keyboards.
The keyboard has programmable keys and beautiful backlighting. The RGB lighting are fully customizable and the keys are soft and responsive. The plastic frame feels a bit cheap, and the design might not be as robust as other keyboards, but with such a low price tag, this keyboard is the perfect start for anyone trying to grow their League of Legends career.
Ducky Shine 3 is used by Edward Gaming based out of China. It’s not a very well-known keyboard, but it definitely should be. It’s solidly built and quite heavy, so you can rest assured it won’t move while you play League.
The keyboard has very smooth surfaces that makes you feel like you’re gliding from key to key. It has a few options for lighting and backlighting with an artful spacebar that gives off a pleasing sound.
The downsides for the keyboard is the limited amount of customization available for the keyboard. The cable is also unsleeved, so it’s easier for it to break down over time.
If you’re looking for something a bit different and want to stand out from the crowd, the Ducky Shine 3 is a great option.